Nearly 3 years ago there were talks about Universal Search (see Search Engine Land article from 5/16/07) and over the years we have seen some changes in search results such as Google Local, Videos in search results, some shopping engine feeds, news feeds, etc.
Last night I was doing some research for AllIceCreamCoupons.com and I was pleasantly surprised when I did a search for ice cream and saw the results below:
If you try this search yourself in Google you will see:
- A twitter stream in search results
- Google Local (google map) in search results
- Imagines in search results
- News feed in search results
- Book results in search results
This is a great example of how Universal Search is improving!